Recently I was contacted by Apera Bags to see if I’d like to try out one of their sport bags. Funny thing is, I had just taken Baby Z to the zoo and was struggling to find a good bag with enough compartments that didn’t kill my back. I ended up using a swag bag from one of my recent races. It was OK, but not what I wanted. I needed a good backpack. And lo and behold, in my email inbox they had contacted me! (Thank you Universe!) They told me to pick out any bag I wanted. So of course I gravitated to the backpack and OF COURSE I had to have the one in hot pink.The bag arrived shortly after. I pulled it out of the box and immediately fell in love with the color! I know, it’s not for everyone but it’s bright and fun and it makes me smile. They do have more subdued colors for those who don’t want to scream “LOOK at my cool bag!”
Let me tell you, this bag is FULL of compartments! There are zippered pockets everywhere! I kept opening and finding more and more pockets. I loaded it with gym necessities and have taken it to the gym with me the last couple of weeks to try it out. I also used it recently on a 2-hour nature walk excursion with Baby Z. Here are some of the features about all the Apera bags that I really like:
- The bags are treated with antimicrobial protection inside and out. This helps keep all those funky odors from your sweaty bod at bay. See ya later bacteria! Clean, clean, clean.
- It has vented compartments allowing for air-flow and quicker drying for wet materials. This is especially big down here in the southern swamp where the humidity level stays at a lovely 86%.
- The interior linings are wipeable and easy to clean. As a Mom, this was a biggie for me. I cannot tell you how many times I’ve had a sippy cup leak or fruit snacks break out of their captive bag and cause a mess inside a bag.
- There is a zippered washable insert included with the bag. I haven’t used this yet, but it’s going to be really useful come swim lesson time (in a couple of weeks!)
- Easy access pockets both inside and out. It’s nice to have pockets to hold both your small and large stuff. The special tech pocket at the top of the bag is extra padded to protect your phone, iphone, ipod, whatever.
- Wipeable, easy-clean bottom. Again, a biggie for me since I’m always having to set my bag down in places that I’m not so sure of the cleanliness.
- So. Much. Room. I think I could pack for a 3 day weekend in this thing!
- It’s surprisingly lightweight considering the size and amount of room.
They have several different style of bags: the Performance Duffel, Tech Pack, Yoga Tote, Duffel Pack, Sling Tote and the Active Pack (which is what I got). There is pretty much a bag to fit any lifestyle and any activity.
The Apera website says that their bags were designed for the Social Athlete which I think is pretty cool. Social media plays such a big part in how we connect and train and encourage each other and share. It’s great that a company recognizes that niche. Another nice thing about the company is that they’re big supporters of the Special Olympics. In fact, they donate one bag for every three bags they sell.
All in all, I’ve been really, really happy with this bag so far. And I love, love, the color I chose. It’s perfect since I’m now a Sweat Pink Ambassador too! I expect to get a lot of use out of it on future adventures and workouts.
UPDATE: Check out the great Apera Sprint Pack giveaway I have going on now! https://jenzenator.com/2014/05/22/apera-bag-giveaway/
Disclosure: Apera Bags provided me with this bag for use without any promise of review or payment for review. All opinions are strictly my own.