I love National Running Day! I love all the running posts and encouragements that stream across social media on National Running Day. It always gives me a kick in the butt to get out the door and get running. I love broadcasting why I love to run! I love all the fun things going on locally and nationally today. For instance, you can get your own customized “I Run” badge here.
As if you needed more encouragement to go run (it REALLY is good for you!), here’s a cool infographic outlining some of the great benefits of running.
I managed to get out in the heat for a lunchtime “runch” today ( I HAD to!). Those 5 miles felt so great. I really needed it. I enjoyed every sweaty, sweaty, SWEATY step of it. It’s getting hot out there. It was 89* when I finished up. Whew! Thank goodness for the shady trail.
Another cool thing happening today for National Running Day is all the great race discounts. Here are just a few from some of my favorite local races and national races. With these great race discounts plus early entry fees, how can you NOT sign up for one (or four)? If you have a favorite race or are thinking about signing up for one, check out their Facebook page today. They likely have a discount going right now.
- Gulf Coast Half Marathon Series – Receive $20 off your registration today with the code RUNDAY14.
- Women’s Half Marathon & 10k – Receive $20 off your registration today with the code RunDay14.
- Jazz Half Marathon New Orleans – Receive $20 off your half registration today with the code NATRUNH
- Rock ‘n’ Roll Series Races – Save up to 25% off race entry fees (discounts vary by race). Click the link for entry discounts.
- Zooma Chicago and Cape Cod – Save 10% off your entry fee with the code RUN14
Hope you’re having a great day and hope this encourages you to get out there and run, run, run! Any distance, any speed works. All that you need is a positive attitude and let the miles do the rest.
Happy Running Day Everyone!