As part of the Sweat Pink Ambassador program I was given the opportunity to try out and review three new bars from AMRAP Nutrition. I was sent three flavors: Almond Honey, Cashew Vanilla and Fig and Cacao. These bars were sent to me for free in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are strictly my own.
With the baby sitting right on my stomach (35 weeks! Whoohoo!) I’m having a really hard time eating and keeping a lot on my stomach. If I eat anything too large or heavy I’m miserable and nauseated the rest of the day. I’m turning to bars a lot because they don’t sit heavily on my stomach but offer a nutrient dense food option. So, I was excited to try these out.
A little about the bars:
AMRAP’s mission statement
As Many Rounds As Possible (AMRAP) defines our philosophy. Through determination, intensity, and focus, we aim to inspire and empower our community to reach their full health and fitness potential. Join us and together we will change the world.
AMRAP bars are:
- 100% Paleo
- clear of artificial sweeteners
To maximize efficiency, AMRAP bars are packed with complete natural proteins and amino acids to repair your muscles. Most importantly, all these bars contain the optimal fat to carb ratio that increases lean mass and energy and is the crucial component for overall health and body composition.
I LOVE the mission statement for these things. As Many Rounds As Possible. So. Freaking. Cool. I’m a big label reader too. So many fitness bars are just loaded with refined sugar and preservatives. The bars get their sweetness by using dates. I like how few ingredients these have – very few and ALL recognizable and pronounceable. For example, the Fig & Cacao flavor has the following ingredients: dates, egg white protein, figs, almond butter, almonds, unsweetened coconut, cacao nibs and coconut oil. That’s it! I’ve attached the nutritional information for each bar below.
Some of the things I liked most about the bars:
- THE TASTE! The almond & honey bar was my favorite (sea salt, cinnamon and raw honey…mmmmm). So yummy! I could really become addicted to these things.
- The high protein content. At 12g to 15g a bar, they pack a nice little protein punch and help you stay fuller longer. Usually high protein bars can be really chalky and gummy. Not these babies! The dates and nut butters really make the bars palatable without any weird after tastes.
- The fiber content. Often there’s a trade off between either high fiber or high protein bars. These bars offer high protein and a great 3g to 4 g of dietary fiber.
- The limited ingredient content. I know what I’m putting into my body with these things.
- They are made in the USA! USA! USA!
These bars were designed primarily for the CrossFit athlete but I can really see me using these bars for my long run fuel. I try and aim for something with a high protein and high carbohydrate mix that digests easily and sits well on my stomach. The AMRAP bars fit the bill. I’ve had zero stomach distress from these bars and I can see them really sustaining my energy levels for a long training run. I’m anxious to try them out come my first post-baby long run!
AMRAP bars launch today! For a limited time they’re offering a 12-count variety pack for a discounted price of $45. The first 2,500 customers will receive an added bonus of extra prizes, ebooks, and coupon codes. You can browse their products here.
AMRAP has also allowed me to giveaway an 8 pack of bars ($32 value) in any flavor to THREE lucky winners!! You can enter by clicking one of the links below! This giveaway is open to U.S. and Canada residents. Good luck!