I am so stinking excited you guys! I have been selected as one of the official Crescent City Connection 10k bloggers this year! The CCC10k is a huge race here in New Orleans that always falls on Easter weekend. Thousands of people of all abilities come out for this race to run and walk it and celebrate at the huge after party.
This year’s race was actually my first time doing it. I usually had family commitments around Easter and couldn’t run it. We ran it as a family: a little one in the oven, another little one in the stroller, and a big one running beside me. We had such a blast! You can read about the 2014 race recap and watch the race video here.
This is such a huge honor to be included with a great group of bloggers and people I call running friends for this event. If you get a chance, go check out their blogs. They are phenomenal, inspiring people to know.
- Larisa @ www.larisadixon.com
- Mindy @ www.roadrunnergirl.com
- Kristin @ www.bamagirlruns.com
- Nicole @ www.ndeckerrunner.wordpress.com
- Lisa @ www.triouradventure.com
- AMP @ www.ampruns.blogspot.com
- Megan @ www.runninmysouthernmouth.blogspot.com
- Holly @ www.Runninginfastforward.com
- Cindy @ www.fattofitwithcindylaneross.com
- Ashley @ www.runreadscout.blogspot.com
- Fred @ www.NOLArunner.com
I chose this as my Monday Motivation because I want to be able to RUN this race in the spring. I had to mostly run/walk it last time because of uncomfortable hip and bladder issues due to my pregnancy. I want to be fit and back in full running mode by the time this race rolls around. I’m thinking of shooting for a 10k PR if my training goes well.
I was so motivated I got out the door this morning and ran a decent 2.75 miles. I actually ran, ran this time. I only had to take a couple of short walk breaks, and that was while pushing the single jogging stroller and being VERY sleep deprived (cranky, gassy baby last night). It’s a good start!