Disclaimer: I received a pair of Zensah Well Rounded Shorts to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!
I really like to run in tights. Capris length is usually my go-to but during the warmer spring and summer months it’s nice to have cooler options other than shorts. Zensah has released a mid-length workout short/tight cross in their Well Rounded Shorts.
Here are the key features of the shorts from Zensah:
- Ultra lightweight fabric provides soft, smooth and amazing feel.
- Wide waistband for flattering fit without digging in
- Moisture wicking and anti-odor proprietary fabric
- Seamless Technology = no chafing
- 4.5″ inseam
I wore these shorts several times on both short and long runs to really try them out. As much as I wanted to love them, I’m not completely sold on them. There are some things about these shorts that I really like, and some things that I really do not like. I’ll break it down.
Things I really liked:
- I love the 4.5″ inseam! It’s perfect. Goldilocks approved. Not too short. Not too long. This was really a great length to keep the shorts from riding up and keep my inner thighs chafe free. They were really, really comfortable.
- They didn’t ride up on me. The legs stayed put during my runs and that was awesome.
- The wide waistband was super comfortable and flattering. Zero muffin top. Zero.
- Moisture wicking and anti-odor was on point. I got SUPER sweaty in these and they came out of the wash smelling fresh and clean every time. No lingering odors.
- The ultra lightweight fabric was as promised – lightweight and cool.
Things I really did not like:
- The ultra lightweight fabric is pretty darn see-through. I’m usually a small in tights and a medium in running shorts (mainly because I prefer them big and flowy). I’m a size 4 to 6 in dress clothes to put it in perspective. I got the small. They felt great when I put them on, but my behind seemed to stretch them out some (I’m pretty hippy). And when these shorts are stretched they become VERY see-through. Wearing underwear with them was pretty much impossible unless I wanted everyone to see the flowers and stripes I chose to wear that day. Now I’m not opposed to going commando in my running shorts/tights. These were apparently actually made for that. So I tried them out that way. You could totally see my butt crack. ToT-all-Ly. I’m not super modest, so I just wore a longish shirt and ran in them anyway. But I would not be going to any kind of yoga class in these unless I wanted everyone to know ALL my business. Some of the other girls reviewing these didn’t have this problem. Some got a different color and others ordered a size up. I think had I ordered a medium they might have been a little better.
- There are actually a couple of seams in these along the inseam at the front and back of the shorts. They are made with flatlock seams so they’re very low profile but the placement of the front inseam seam near the crotch was a little uncomfortable for me. I had to really work on positioning them so that the seam didn’t sit on my lady business. I think a medium might have alleviated this some.
So, final thoughts on these shorts:
- If you are between sizes, order a size up.
- They are made to be worn commando, so modest people need not apply
- They are SUPER comfortable to run in.
Here are reviews by some of the BibRave Pros who loved the shorts.
- Cassie – http://www.sagetheblog.com/2016/05/zensah-well-rounded-shorts.html
- Jen – http://www.jenrunsfastblog.com/2016/05/bibrave-pro-product-review-zensah-well.html
- Amy – http://runningmarathonmom.blogspot.com/2016/05/zensah-well-rounded-shorts.html
If you’re interested in trying these out, you can get 15% with the code ZENBIB15!