Disclaimer: I received a pair of the Rudy Project Fotonyk sunglasses to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!”
I’m a big sunglasses nut. I have sensitive eyes and almost always wear sunglasses when I’m outside be it playing, walking, or running. I’m always looking out for a good pair that fit comfortably and don’t slip down my face. I’ve heard great things about Rudy Project, especially their cycling helmets and sunglasses. So, I was anxious to try them out.
First of all the Fotonyk glasses look so fierce. They really look tactical to me. I was almost a little intimidated by them. Am I badass enough to wear them??? 🙂 The first thing I noticed about them is how lightweight they are. They fit my face snugly but not to the point where I felt they were squeezing my head or nose. The lenses are also crystal clear.
Some of the really great things about the glasses:
- They come with an adjustable nose piece. This was good for me because I have a fairly narrow nose bridge. Some glasses slip on me.
- They also come with rubber bumpers on the bottom of the lenses for added comfort and safety. They are removable if you want more of a streamlined, clean look on the bottom of the lenses. I personally liked them. And they come in several different colors to customize your glasses.
- The frames are made from Grilamid® which is a “shock-resistant, hypoallergenic, high-quality, light thermoplastic”. They were definitely very, very lightweight.
- There are Vent Controller™ controls at the lenses to allow airflow to help prevent misting and reduce thermal shock.
- The lenses are interchangeable. I like all the different colors you can get in the glasses.
I recently wore these during a hot half marathon with high humidity. The glasses were so comfortable during the race. They completely stayed put and they did not fog or mist on me at all. I was really surprised. I think the vented lenses really help.
We’ve been having a lot of really warm, steamy, humid days here in New Orleans. The Fotonyk sunglasses have held up like champs. I usually have some lens fogging with a lot of sunglasses while running in our 90%+ humidity. With the Fotonyk I’ve had no fogging issues so far. No slippage. No pinching at my nose bridge or at my temples.
Overall I gotta say I really, really like these sunglasses. They are a good product made for the active person. The design was thought out and executed well. They are comfortable and functional and look good at the same time.