If you’re looking for a great December race, look no further than the BCS Marathon and Half Marathon! It’s a great race, flat, fast, well organized, and beloved by runners. Here are the top 10 reasons to run this amazing race!
10. It’s a fast, mostly flat course. This course is easy to fly and being USAT&F certified and a Boston Qualifying race, it’s perfect for that Boston attempt.
9. With a marathon, half marathon, and kids race held on race weekend, it’s a great event for the entire family. You can make it a weekend of fun and exercise for everyone.
8. You get to run through the gorgeous Texas A&M Campus. Majestic oak trees and historic buildings make for inspiring scenery.
7. Plenty of time to finish the marathon and half marathon. With a 6.5 hour time limit it’s a good race for beginning runners and first time marathoners.
6. Post race beer and tons of food at the finishers festival! Margaritas, breakfast burritos, pizza rolls from Double Dave’s and and did I mention beer? So much good beer.
5. While you’re in town, you can grab you some great Aggie gear at the MSC Bookstore and take home a little of the “Aggie Spirit”! Everyone looks good in maroon and white!
4. Get you some yummy vitamin G post race at the Chicken Oil Company. There’s nothing I crave more than a good, greasy burger after a tough race and Chicken Oil Company has one of the best burgers around. Add on an order of Tijuana Fries and it’s a greasy, yummy, match made in heaven.
3. You’re almost guaranteed good running weather. Bryan/College Station has a historical average of low 43º and high of 63º around race day. That’s perfect running weather!!
2. The BCS Marathon was voted one of the top 20 half marathons and top races for exceptional race organization for the Bibrave 100!
- And the #1 reason…SO. MUCH. SWAG. You get a ton of great swag with this race. You get a participant shirt, a finisher’s medal and a swanky finisher’s jacket that you can wear year round for bragging rights!
If any of this peaks your interest, there’s still time to register!! Go to the BCS marathon site right now and register to run this lauded race. And you can save 10% off your race entry with code BIBRAVER17.