Disclaimer: I received a BOCO Gear Trail Hat and 360º Visor to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!
I’m an outside runner. Very rarely will you find me on a treadmill. I prefer being outside even if it’s 95º with 100% humidity. And because I run outside so much I sweat…a lot. So I’m always wearing a hat or visor to keep the sweat out of my eyes and to additionally protect my face from the harsh sun. I find that I almost always gravitate towards my BOCO Gear hats. They’re super lightweight, comfortable, keep the sweat out of my eyes and they’re machine washable. All huge wins for me.
The 360º Visor would be my all-time favorite. I prefer visors. I have a long pony tail and a visor allows me to place it anywhere on my head without the hat getting in the way. The 360º Visor is great for so many reasons.
- I love the internal sweatband that rests on your forehead. It really keeps the sweat out of my eyes during my run.
- Wicking material on the outer also keeps the sweat away and helps keep you cool.
- The elastic back fits my head without squeezing my brains out. Some visors are too tight with that elastic band (I have a big noggin). But the BOCO Gear 360º Visor just hugs it snuggly without giving me a headache.
- Machine washable – HUGE, HUGE plus for me. I’ve thrown this thing in the wash so many times and it comes out like a champ every time. It gets really smelly after a couple of runs and being able to wash it frequently helps so much!
Pretty much the exact same thing can be said for the Trail Hat.
- It also has the great wicking sweatband at your forehead.
- It’s made of wicking performance fabric
- It’s super lightweight. I mean this thing weighs nothing!!
- It’s a little different in that it has an adjustable back closure instead of the elastic band.
- The Trail Hat also has a flat moldable bill, that can also be custom printed. Mine has a cute BibRave logo on the underside of the bill!
If you haven’t tried a BOCO Gear hat, you’re truly missing out. They have a huge variety of designs and colors in the BOCO Gear store or you can even have them send you a quote for your own custom design! I promise you’ll be super happy with your purchase!