Disclaimer: I received a discount on the Mercury Mile delivery service as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!
Being a runner who works from home a lot I tend to live in running clothes. I wear running clothes when I wake up, go for a run, shower, and then change into more running clothes to work. I love shopping for new running clothes. A new shirt or new pair of Capri tights somehow motivate me to go running. I recently had the opportunity to try out the Mercury Mile delivery service for workout/running clothes. Before I hear you all groan, this is not a subscription service. I repeat, THIS IS NOT A SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE. You only sign up for a box when you want a box. You only get a box when you request one. AND you can receive more than one box a month is you want.
So, here’s how it works.
- You create an account and fill out a runner profile describing your running style, size, and you can even input notes in for your stylist for things you like and dislike. For example, I put in my notes that I do not like sleeves. I prefer tanks to t-shirts. And I like bright colors. This part is free.
- Whenever you’re ready select a delivery date to receive a box. There is a stylist fee of $20 charged up front.
- Get your box and try everything on in the comfort of your home. I LOVED this part. I could try it on and move around the house to see how it performed. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve picked something at the store to only find out it fits weird after I get moving, bunches up, etc.
- Keep what you want. Send what you want back in the pre-paid postage envelope. This was SO easy. I just put the pieces I didn’t like back in the bag they sent and put it in my mailbox for pick-up. Within three days I had an email verifying they’d received it.
- They charge what you keep against your stored credit card minus the $20 stylist fee. If you keep nothing then you’re out the $20.
I ordered two different boxes this last month to see what all I would receive. Both had a good mix of shirts, shorts, and tights. I ended up keeping about 2 to 3 pieces out of every box. Size exchanges were super easy. I simply emailed my stylist and asked for a different size in one tank I really liked. She dropped it in the mail immediately and it was at my door in 2 to 3 days.
I would recommend following them on Instagram. They periodically have a huge sale where everything in your box is 50% off the normal price. I scored some really cute pieces that way!
I really enjoyed the Mercury Mile service. I received a few pieces that I would have never chosen for myself in the store but then ended up keeping them after trying them on. It made me venture outside my normal running clothes bubble and try out some new brands and new styles.
If you’re interested in trying out Mercury Mile you can use the code BIBRAVE10 to save $10 off your stylist fee.