Disclaimer: I received a discount on the UA HOVR Sonic Running Shoes delivery service as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!
I recently had the opportunity to test out the UA HOVR Sonic Running Shoes as a BibRave Pro. I’ve tested out some other UA running shoes in the past and really liked them.
The first thing I noticed about these shoes was the lightweight mesh upper. I love shoes with mesh uppers. They are so breathable and they hug your foot like a glove. These felt so good when I put them on. They just molded right to my foot. They are really flexible and responsive. Running in Louisiana in the summer months means your shoes get soaking wet with sweat. These shoes dry out quickly with the airy mesh uppers. This is a huge bonus on back-to-back run days. No-one likes running in wet shoes.
These are a neutral shoe with a good amount of cushion. I liked how responsive they were on the road. I did several short runs (3 to 4 miles) and a couple of longer runs (10 miles or more) to test how they performed. I loved these for the shorter runs. They felt really good. I could feel some foot fatigue on these for the longer runs but nothing terrible. I think they would just require a little more build-up running to get my feet and legs used to them.
Here are the specs on the shoe from UA:
- UA HOVR™ technology provides ‘zero gravity feel’ to maintain energy return that helps eliminate impact step after step
- Compression mesh Energy Web contains & molds UA HOVR™ foam to give back the energy you put in
- NEUTRAL: For runners who need a balance of flexibility & cushioning
- Soft knit upper dries fast & provides a breathable, compression-like fit that delivers lightweight directional strength & unmatched comfort to help you go the distance
- Ventilated midfoot panel increases breathability
- Unique tongue construction is attached to the footbed by stretchable support wings to maintain a snug fit throughout the foot
- External TPU heel counter for additional support & structure
- Removable, anti-microbial Ortholite® sockliner molds to the foot for customized comfort & cushion
- Blown rubber under the forefoot is lightweight yet incredibly responsive
- High-abrasion rubber placed under the heel to help absorb ground contact
- Offset: 8mm
- Weight: 8oz/225g
I’ve enjoyed running in them and wearing them around town for errands. I’m looking forward to running in these more. They not only feel good, they are really cute and stylish.