Father’s Day is next Sunday, June 15th! Scratching your head on what to get your Dad, husband, fur-baby-daddy? If he’s a runner, here’s a fun round up a few runner gift ideas with some excellent discount codes and specials.
1. A running hat from Headsweats. These are my ultimate favorite running hats. They are super lightweight, breathable and have a thin terrycloth sweatband on the inside. This is especially useful during the hot, super sweaty summer months. They have a cute Father’s Day line right now or I personally love the collegiate line. Get him a hat with his favorite college team’s logo on the front (Gig ’em Aggies!!). Right now get 25% off your purchase with the code DAD14.
2. A Road ID bracelet with a cool #1 Dad Badge from Road ID. I will not go out for a run or walk without my Road ID. I always feel so much more comfortable knowing that (heaven forbid) if I get injured or pass out, emergency personnel will know who to contact. I got Mr. Z one for Christmas too and he wears his 24/7 since it displays his penicillin allergy. I want to get him the #1 Dad badge to put on it too! Right now get 10% off your purchase with the code DGUYW2RGX8FS.
3. Thorlos Experia socks from Thorlos. These are my go-to socks for running. I turned my husband onto them and I swear he can never have enough. They are sweat wicking with thin uppers and a moderate amount of padding on the sole of the foot. I wear these daily and they are so comfortable. Right now buy 3 get 1 free on their website.
4. A race entry into a local or virtual Father’s Day race. We have a couple of local 5k races going on around here on Father’s Day weekend. You could sign your guy up for a surprise local race or Will Run For Bling has a cute Father’s Day virtual race going on benefitting the Arthritis Foundation. Sign up, choose and run your distance of 5k, 10k, or half marathon and they will send you the cute race medal shown above!
5. A #1 Runner Dad mug or glass from Gone for a Run. Now really, Gone for a Run has SO MANY cute Father’s Day gift ideas that it’s hard to narrow them down. They have cute runner dad coffee mugs, beer mugs, t-shirts, picture frames, medal holders…etc., etc. I also like their Run Your State tees. Really cute. Just do a search for “Dad” at the top of their site and all of the cute Father’s Day stuff pops up. Right now get 10% off your order when you sign up for their newsletter (scroll to the bottom of the page).
6. An athletic bag from Apera Bags. I love, love, LOVE my Active Pack from Apera. My husband has been eyeballing it enviously. He is in desperate need of a new gym bag, so guess who’s getting a brand new duffle!!? 🙂 I cannot brag enough about these bags. They are so well thought out for the athlete and traveler. The bags have tons of useful pockets and are very roomy without being bulky or heavy. Right now Apera is running two specials: All blue bags are 40% off or receive 20% off your order of any other items with the code SUMMER2014.
These are just a few, quick suggestions for some fun running and workout gear for your guy. Hope this gives you some good ideas. Have a great day and keep on moving!