Disclaimer: I received a pair of the Rudy Project Fotonyk sunglasses to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!”
I’m a big sunglasses nut. I have sensitive eyes and almost always wear sunglasses when I’m outside be it playing, walking, or running. I’m always looking out for a good pair that fit comfortably and don’t slip down my face. I’ve heard great things about Rudy Project, especially their cycling helmets and sunglasses. So, I was anxious to try them out.
First of all the Fotonyk glasses look so fierce. They really look tactical to me. I was almost a little intimidated by them. Am I badass enough to wear them??? 🙂 The first thing I noticed about them is how lightweight they are. They fit my face snugly but not to the point where I felt they were squeezing my head or nose. The lenses are also crystal clear.
Some of the really great things about the glasses:
- They come with an adjustable nose piece. This was good for me because I have a fairly narrow nose bridge. Some glasses slip on me.
- They also come with rubber bumpers on the bottom of the lenses for added comfort and safety. They are removable if you want more of a streamlined, clean look on the bottom of the lenses. I personally liked them. And they come in several different colors to customize your glasses.
- The frames are made from Grilamid® which is a “shock-resistant, hypoallergenic, high-quality, light thermoplastic”. They were definitely very, very lightweight.
- There are Vent Controller™ controls at the lenses to allow airflow to help prevent misting and reduce thermal shock.
- The lenses are interchangeable. I like all the different colors you can get in the glasses.
I recently wore these during a hot half marathon with high humidity. The glasses were so comfortable during the race. They completely stayed put and they did not fog or mist on me at all. I was really surprised. I think the vented lenses really help.
We’ve been having a lot of really warm, steamy, humid days here in New Orleans. The Fotonyk sunglasses have held up like champs. I usually have some lens fogging with a lot of sunglasses while running in our 90%+ humidity. With the Fotonyk I’ve had no fogging issues so far. No slippage. No pinching at my nose bridge or at my temples.
Overall I gotta say I really, really like these sunglasses. They are a good product made for the active person. The design was thought out and executed well. They are comfortable and functional and look good at the same time.
Disclaimer: I received a pair of xx2i Optics sunglasses to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!
Last month I received a pair of sport sunglasses from xx2i Optics to try out and review. I am really big on wearing sunglasses while I run to protect my eyes. I have blue eyes and they can be very sensitive to the sun. I am almost always running with a visor/hat and a pair of sunglasses to protect myself from the harsh Louisiana sun.
Now I’m very particular about my running sunglasses. I have a very narrow face and a lot of sport sunglasses are just too big on me. They either flop around or I feel ridiculous. That was not the case with the xx2i USA1 glasses. The frames fit very nicely on me and the nose grips helped hold them securely on my face.
I liked that they come with both a hard case and a soft pouch (which can also be used as a cleaning cloth) for transport and they even came with two different color interchangeable temple tips and nose pads.
These glasses are outfitted with polarized lenses which are also interchangeable if you want to change out the color. Mine came with the Blue Flash lenses which I really liked.
In south Louisiana we always have humidity and lens fogging can be a real issue on our balmy mornings. I never had an issue with these glasses fogging up. Now I did have to wipe the moisture off the outside of the lenses one particularly foggy morning but it was so wet out I don’t think any amount of anti-fog would have kept them clear. But to their credit they did not fog on the inside – the moisture only collected on the outside.
I also used these glasses during several races and they performed great! I actually totally forgot I had them on. They were comfortable, lightweight, did not slip or fall, and the lenses were clear throughout the race.
Some other great things about any sunglasses you purchase from xx2i Optics:
- Sunglasses come with a lifetime, no questions asked, replacement warranty! This is HUGE for a sunglass killer like me.
- They have a 365 hassle free return policy. That’s right, you have a FULL YEAR to try them out and return them if you don’t like them for any reason.
- Shipping is always free to the U.S.
I totally love my sunglasses and I’m actually ordering me another pair of the France1 frames which come in a ton of fun colors and lenses.
Bibrave and xx2i Optics are offering a great discount on their glasses through the middle of January. You can receive 50% off of your order with the code XX2iRocks! That’s a huge discount!